- Double-check for your live stream
Before the live stream starts, we recommend that you check well in advance whether the live stream is working. This is possible as soon as you have received the URL and unique Stream Key. If you run into problems during testing, go through the manual step-by-step again. Note: Is the Stream Key correctly put in? Without spaces before or after.
Also make sure to not livestream the live class alone but to have someone there with you, especially the first few times. One will be able to then teach and the other can follow the live stream and check whether everything is going well with the stream. This person can be in contact with OneFit in case something goes wrong.
- Take a look at the following checklist before starting the livestream:
- Is your phone or laptop fully charged? Or can you charge your phone or laptop while filming?
- Is your WiFi connection good?
- Is your phone on "airplane mode" with WiFi on, or in "do not disturb" mode?
- Is your phone or laptop stable and standing straight so that you can be seen from head to toe during all exercises during the entire workout? Are you also clearly visible during all exercises that take place on the floor?
- Is the quality of the image and sound good enough? Are you speaking loud enough? Is the music not too loud?
- Do you have enough space to perform the workout?
- Is there nothing distracting in the background? Make sure that there is not too much sunlight in the room. Overexposure can prevent the camera from properly reflecting your movements.
- Are you sure that no alarm / alarm / telephone or other sound can go off during your live lesson?
- Are all WhatsApp, Instagram, SMS etc. notifications off?
- Can you see your notes well behind the camera?
- What do I need for the live stream?
- The Space:Make sure to film in a bright room with plenty of room and a quiet, plain background.
- Equipment:When filming with a smartphone, preferably use an iPhone 10 (or newer) or Android with a good quality camera. Make sure to keep the phone horizontal while filming and that you are filming with the camera on the back of the phone. Note: When filming in "selfie" mode, the quality of the stream will be significantly lower. When filming with the webcam of your laptop or computer, make sure that the camera is correctly pointed and tuned. Note: Keep in mind that in general the quality of webcams is lower than that of a camera from a smartphone. Also keep a backup device with you, in case something goes wrong before the stream. Make sure that your chosen system is also set on this device.
- Attributes:Use a tripod or something else high (table, bench, stack of books) to set up your smartphone or laptop. Note: When using a smartphone, make sure that the phone is placed securely by placing an object behind and in front of it (without blocking the camera and / or screen, of course). For example, you can use a rubber band to attach the smartphone to a kettlebell or put a coffee cup behind it.
- Notes:In case you use notes during the stream, make sure they are only visible to you. For example, you can write the notes on a paper which you place next to the recording equipment.
- Other material:If you work with a time limit for the exercises, make sure that you use a separate timer for the workout (so not your phone in case you stream with it).
- General tips
- Make sure to use the HD (= default) setting when filming.
- Before class starts, film a "practice" video. This gives you the opportunity to check whether the equipment is correctly positioned and adjusted. Check the position and the sound. Don't underestimate this! Tip: A number of studios recommend the following system as a tip to use for audio recording: Samson CONCERT 88 SE10. The system ensures clear, beautiful sound.
- Make sure that any background noise (such as music) is not too loud. It may be that the sound in the studio seems to be quiet, but that the instructor / instructor is difficult to understand on the video.
- Make sure the instructor / instructor's entire body is seen in the video and in the center of the image.
- Do not touch the camera while recording.
- Do not zoom in or out during filming. This can cause the quality of the image to deteriorate.
- Just like during regular classes, you can create a nice atmosphere by adding plants, curtains, pillows, candles, etc into the environment. Make sure that the image remains clear for members who participate!
- Don't forget to end the live stream by pressing Stop Broadcasting.
- Make sure to post content on your own social media channels, such as stories, photos, etc. to promote your location as often as possible. Ask someone to help you during live streaming to take photos and / or videos that you can use as promotional material. Note: Do not forget to tag @onefit.community when you post something on your social channels!
Please sign in to leave a comment.